Your involvement makes a difference for the better in hundreds of young people's lives!
Your support today will ensure that 700 SEA students will receive college access services this year! SEA relies entirely on community support to fulfill our mission. Here are a few ways you can support SEA today:
Click here to create an online SEA profile, manage your giving, and register for upcoming events.
Click here to make a donation today to help SEA students realize their dreams of going to college.
Your Contribution Changes the World!
Individual donors are crucial to ensuring SEA students succeed and reach their goals! Your gift will ensure that young people throughout King County will benefit from the extraordinary experience of college. But the students enrolled in our program are not the only ones who benefit from our work:
- Many of our students are also parents; by helping our students succeed, you also help them provide for their families and give them the tools they will need to raise college-bound children.
- Colleges also benefit as youth from disenfranchised communities become part of their learning population, bringing greater diversity to campus. The addition of new voices and new perspectives will help these institutions enhance the academic and social experience for all involved.
- Local businesses and employers will benefit from this program as low income and marginalized youth become highly educated workers who enter the labor force.
- And finally, communities benefit when people escape intergenerational poverty. Education has been proven to reduce rates of crime, incarceration, and unwanted pregnancy. Education is an effective and efficient way to prevent cycles of poverty and crime in the next generation.
Your donation will make a significant impact on the daily lives of our students. Your generous support helps us continue to serve the youth in our community and give them a better chance at educational success. There are several gift giving options below:
- $1000 tuition for one quarter
- $400 books and school supplies
- $100 student bus pass for one quarter
- $50 college application costs
- $20 one GED study guide
You can also give by organizing a donation drive at your work place, throwing a house party for SEA with your friends, or setting up a bequest to SEA in your will. We will gladly work with you to make any of these things happen!
Every donor will receive email updates and quarterly newsletter
If you would prefer to mail your gift, please send it to:
Seattle Education Access
6920 Roosevelt Way NE #355
Seattle, WA 98115
Your donation is greatly appreciated and fully deductible as a charitable contribution. Seattle Education Access is a tax-exempt 501 (c) (3) organization. Please contact our staff for more information on donation options and questions.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Does your company participate in an employee matching gifts program? Please visit a list of companies that match at www.kexp.org, or ask your companies human resources manager. If your employer matches charitable contributions, fill out their matching gift form and mail it to us at: Seattle Education Access, 6920 Roosevelt Way N.E. Seattle, WA 98115
- Ink Jet Printers
- Office Supplies
- Books (fiction, non-fiction, biography, classics, self help, reference, etc)
Endowment funds provide financial support for Seattle Education Access now and into the future and give you the degree of control you desire in distributing your fund's income. You can choose to create a specific endowment fund that encourages education by providing scholarships, based upon academic interest or other criteria, to our deserving students. To learn more about creating an Endowment Fund, please contact our staff or 206.523.3662
Why A Planned Gift?
Of the many ways of giving to Seattle Education Access (SEA), a planned gift offers special advantages such as tax benefits or planned income streams. At the same time, your philanthropy will create better futures for our students and local community. Let SEA help you by incorporating your philanthropic goals into your estate and financial planning. There are a variety of gift-planning options including:
- Cash and securities donations
- Gifts of real estate, tangible personal property, or other assets
- Bequests in a will or trust
- Gifts of retirement plan assets and life insurance
Planned and Deferred Giving Options:
Possible Benefits of Planned and Deferred Giving:
- Bringing immediate and deferred tax advantages to both you and your heirs
- Reducing your taxes
- Increasing your income
- Conserving your family's wealth
- Fulfilling your charitable goals
- Reflecting your special interests
- Providing gift plans that benefit you and your family
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your gift plans, please contact our staff or 206.523.6200
Become a Volunteer
SEA is a grassroots organization with a small staff, and we rely on our volunteers. For a list of current volunteer opportunities, contact Susan.
Here is a listing of potential opportunities.
- Tutoring - We match volunteer tutor/mentors with students who need tutoring in a specific subject. Most tutors meet with their student once a week for about an hour
- Refurbish computers, which we give to our SEA students
- Office Tech Support
- Table Captain for our College Dreams Luncheon
- Clean office
- Board of Director membership
- Fundraising/Public Relations
- Scholarship Review Committee membership
- Host a book drive to help youth develop literacy skills
- Host a school supply drive – paper, pens, note pads, calculators, backpacks, etc.
- Collect Computer Equipment (PC’s, Monitors, Printers)
- Student Support (help a student move, make a resume, etc.)
- Host a house party, so your friends, family & associates can learn more about SEA, and help raise money for our scholarship fund!
- Open to other ideas – SEA is open to brainstorm ideas that leverage your experience/knowledge and find something you are passionate about within our organization.
Special Thanks to our Funding Partners
We are grateful to the following generous foundations and corporations who have provided extraordinary support of the SEA mission and college access for low-income young people: